The University Senate Office is pleased to announce that fall elections are now concluded. To view a complete list of 2015/2016 election results to date, please visit our Senate Membership page.
If you have questions regarding voting procedures, please contact Cheryl Galli in the Senate Office.
Changes to Senate By Laws – Approved 10/12/2015:
Adding or Dropping Courses
Join us for the University Senate Orientation Session open to new and returning Senators.
Monday, 9/21/2015, 3:15pm-3:45pm
Orientation Invitation 2015
Upon the resignation of Carol Polifroni as Chair of the SEC and member of the Senate for family issues, we are pleased to announce that Gary English, as the available candidate with the highest vote from the last previous SEC chair election, has accepted the appointment of Chair of the Senate Executive Committee for 2015-2016. We are grateful to Gary for taking on this position with the associated responsibilities and time commitment. We are confident that he will provide strong leadership as he brings his years of experience with the University to this new role.
The 13th Annual PTR Forum will take place on Friday, April 1, 2016 from 3:00-5:00pm.
More details to follow
University Budget Committee presents a special report to the Senate in May 2015 –
Report on the Effects of Graduate Tuition Charges to Grants
UBC – GRA Tuition on Grants Report
University of Connecticut
Summary of Action, 2014-2015
- Resolution adopted, Tammy Gifford Day
- Approved by consent agenda, all references within the By-Laws to the “Office of Student Services and Advocacy” were replaced by “Dean of Students Office”
- Approved motion from Faculty Standards Committee regarding SETs
- Approved joint motion from Enrollment and Student Welfare with request for quarterly updates from Administration
- Approved by consent agenda, the name “unclassified students” was changed to “non-degree students” to reflect current services at UConn and the nomenclature used at other universities.
- Approved by consent agenda, all cross-references within the By-Laws will include the names and numbers of sections.
- SEC charge to Senate Curricula & Courses Committee to conduct an in-depth assessment of the current General Education plan
- Approved motion to amend the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the University Senate, II.E.11 Class Attendance
- Approved motion to amend the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the University Senate, II.G.1 and 2, Eligibility for Participation in Collegiate Activities
- Approved motion to amend the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the University Senate, II.E.12 Semester Examinations and Final Assessments
- Approved motion from Student Welfare Committee to support COIA resolution for H.R. 275
- Approved motion from University Budget Committee to adopt UBC’s report on tuition on grants policy and the 4 recommendations therein.
- Approved motion from University Budget Committee to request an administrative update on the implementation of recommendations included in UBC’s report on tuition on grants policy.
The Senate Office is pleased to welcome Shelby Olson to the role of Student Administrative Specialist. Shelby is beginning her 3rd semester with a major in Accounting. She achieved Dean’s List honors during her first two semesters. She is a member of the UConn Women in Business as well as Alpha Lambda Delta-National Honors Society. Shelby has a background in theater and has significant experience with AV equipment. She will be working with us at the University Senate Meetings this year. We look forward to working with her!