University Budget Committee presents a special report to the Senate in May 2015 –
Report on the Effects of Graduate Tuition Charges to Grants
UBC – GRA Tuition on Grants Report
University of Connecticut
Summary of Action, 2014-2015
- Resolution adopted, Tammy Gifford Day
- Approved by consent agenda, all references within the By-Laws to the “Office of Student Services and Advocacy” were replaced by “Dean of Students Office”
- Approved motion from Faculty Standards Committee regarding SETs
- Approved joint motion from Enrollment and Student Welfare with request for quarterly updates from Administration
- Approved by consent agenda, the name “unclassified students” was changed to “non-degree students” to reflect current services at UConn and the nomenclature used at other universities.
- Approved by consent agenda, all cross-references within the By-Laws will include the names and numbers of sections.
- SEC charge to Senate Curricula & Courses Committee to conduct an in-depth assessment of the current General Education plan
- Approved motion to amend the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the University Senate, II.E.11 Class Attendance
- Approved motion to amend the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the University Senate, II.G.1 and 2, Eligibility for Participation in Collegiate Activities
- Approved motion to amend the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the University Senate, II.E.12 Semester Examinations and Final Assessments
- Approved motion from Student Welfare Committee to support COIA resolution for H.R. 275
- Approved motion from University Budget Committee to adopt UBC’s report on tuition on grants policy and the 4 recommendations therein.
- Approved motion from University Budget Committee to request an administrative update on the implementation of recommendations included in UBC’s report on tuition on grants policy.